Jumaat, 4 Oktober 2013

Writing a whole English entry.

I've just finished reading my youngest brother's English homework book. It is a journal which his teacher asked the whole class to do - in their own books, of course. Started since Year 9 until now (Year 11)

It was indeed funny - the language, the grammar, the sentence and the thoroughness - at first. Then when I came to the middle pages, it gets more interesting and more exciting. His English seems to improve, entry by entry. His vocabulary widened. Amusing. I truly am amazed by this work.

I got stunned by his phrase in his entry about a reflection he made about his journal throughout that year.

I came to notice while writing entries in this journal that the more I write, the more I make mistakes, but, that is actually the purpose of writing all these entries which is to improve your compositions.

Also the more regular I compose something, the better the gathering of ideas even while writing. Because it is like everything appears in the same time. And that makes me write for a long time before even stopping. Which is to sort out all these ideas that came in straight away. 

I don't know how this teacher works as a whole (in grammar, comprehension, etc), but in composition - really, she rocks! She explores the mind of the student. She lets the student to write whatever he/she has in mind. She give different smileys in different moods in every sentence which has a point - instead of giving a tick. She gives compliment on every work. In nearly all of the composition my brother has written, there's always a comment - sometimes long, sometimes short. The comments are not boring. This encourages the students to write more and explore their creativity. SubhanaLlah. Amazing!

Another one which made me feel full of awe was that my brother CAN really write in English! Despite the fact that he made terrible mistakes in the first two entries, he managed to write really well after that, with some considerable mistakes of course.

That English journal book of my brother deeply inspired me to write a whole English entry. And maybe one day a malay entry, brunei entry and even arabic entry, Insha Allah.

I don't really write well in English. So let this be the first entry -- in English without mixing it with Malay. Will reflect upon the improvements and the mistakes I might be doing someday. Just like my brother did.

p.s Mind the grammatical mistakes and the wrong vocabs. Still learning. I'm writing this before I went to sleep. So mistakes are prone to be made.

Remembered a story of an Islamic Scholar Imam Al-Baajoory rahimahuLlah. Hundreds of years ago, he wrote his famous poetry in Theology and other subtopics - Jauharatu At-Tauheed. He wrote the whole poem of 199 lines just BEFORE he sleeps.

Believe it or not, since then that book has been the reference concerning theology and so on. It is still being taught in the Masjid Al-Azhar (which was the former way of learning the deen) up till now. Call it barokah, call it karomah, name it. It has Allah's mercy in it.

If I were to write anything before I sleep, that writing might not be even a reference! SubhanaLlah, bismillah masha Allah to the islamic scholars who has colored the dunia and save us from being illiterate.

That's all I had in mind. Till then, I'll see you in the next entry.. (The way my brother ends his composition)

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan